Saturday, August 27, 2011

Adversity of going sans corset! HELP!


It has been a long while since I have posted. Part of that is because having the eyes of Mr. K on my writing leads me to censor myself. My hope is that he has directed his attentions elsewhere for the time being and I can write without it causing family upheaval. I write here because I can’t express opinions to Mr. K without him becoming angry. So my feelings can get a bit bottled up. This has become an outlet for me, but was never intended as a forum for arguments.
Much to my dismay, I have now been uncorsetted for more than a week. This is the longest time I have been out of a corset in 7 years. I cannot even express the magnitude of my discomfort, both physically and mentally. On the physical side, if you don’t already know, wearing a corset for 12 or more hours per day (according to my doctor, it doesn’t even need to be tight!) will cause the muscles in your back to atrophy. This causes severe pain when normal activities are attempted after removing the corset. I hate to say anything negative about corsetting, or scare anyone off from it, but I would have to warn against any serious corsetting unless you have the ability to maintain a very expensive habit.  I have spent most of the week on my back and even had to go to the hospital for related issues.  Of course I have never been able to afford custom corsets, so I am completely at the mercy of Mr. K when it comes to this.
As I mentioned in earlier blogs, the new corset from Doris Muller at Corsets and More had very flexible rear steels on either side of the grommets which had caused me concern. Every time I tried to get my corset reasonably tight, the steels would begin to buckle and fold up on me. Due to the length, I also had some rather unflattering results the moment I tried to sit down in anything other than a straight-backed chair. This was also a problem in my first corset from her which was a few years ago. Since I lived in the USA at the time, I talked it over with Mr. K long distance and he had approved my repairing it myself. I merely added an extra steel in each pocket at the back and this repaired the problem immediately. The second corset that Doris made was specified to have stronger steels at the back and I never had that problem with that second corset from her, though it was a fabric corset, so I never loved it the way I love my leather corsets. It just never inspired me the way that leather does. So, this third corset was made in leather, but alas, despite my request for the same corset as the fabric one only in leather and a bit longer, I got a corset more in line with the first one. Now as I feared would happen, the steel is broken in one of the rear channels and I have no corset to wear while it is sent to Germany for repair. Mr. K agreed a long time ago that I should always have more than one corset in working order for emergencies such as this, but sadly as with most of our agreements, it has never come to fruition. This is something he is not willing to discuss with me, so I don’t have any real answers about why things are the way they are. He only says that this is the way I wanted it, which couldn’t be farther from the truth, but unfortunately for both of us, once he gets an idea in his head it seems written in stone and no productive changes can be made from that point on.
Everyone wish me luck on getting the repair done, and also any wishes in the direction of getting Mr. K involved again would be nice. Until next time…
~)x(~ KK

No comments:

Post a Comment