Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Good The Bad & The Ugly: Pitfalls of Lacing Your Own Corset


I haven’t been posting lately because it is Easter break, which means we have had a full house here and I don’t get much time to write, take pictures, etc. Well, I could, but I am the sort of person who likes a solitary environment to get my thoughts out in written form. It’s also a little embarrassing to take photos of my corset with children running around the house. I did take some pictures the other day of a slightly tighter corset, though when I looked at the pictures I debated whether to post them because they look really bad. However, I have decided to post them so that you can see the mishaps as well as the successes. I have made the unfortunate discovery that Doris did not but double boning in the back on either side of the grommets. This makes the corset not nearly stiff enough and it just collapses under the smallest unevenness in pressure. So, as can be seen in some of the photos, the corset bulges out in odd ways and the dreaded box butt is starting to occur. The frustration that the flimsy back steels cause is such that I gave up for a couple of days. I am starting to think that a corset of this length cannot be properly laced by one’s self…or at least not this self. The odd bulging is also causing my lacing protector to rumple in an unattractive way which keeps it askew…as can also be seen in the photos…again. Of course, I can’t give up completely because now that I have been wearing a corset daily for more than 6 years, my back muscles have atrophied to the point that it is actually painful to be out of my corset for too long. I am afraid I will need to send this back to Doris for stronger steels at the back, or I will have to open the channels myself, which I hate to do on a brand new corset, but depending on how much she charges, I may have to because something tells me that Mr. K won’t be willing to help in this department, though he does surprise me from time to time. I never know what to expect there, and have given up trying. So to all of you anonymous people that are reading this, keep your fingers crossed for me!
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment