Monday, April 11, 2011

A Little Tighter...

It is certainly interesting now that I am doing pictures every time I put on the new corset, because I can see what I’m getting wrong. You can see that the gap is a little smaller, but not a lot. I am not the corset “expert” that my husband is, but from what I understand, you are not supposed to break in a corset too fast. Back when Mr. K used to care about such things, he told me that I should only wear the corset for a short time for the first time and only lace it just a bit, and then just a little more the second time, gradually increasing the compression and the duration in the corset each time. So yesterday I only spent about 3 hours in my corset. Today I have spent about twice that and still wear it as I write. I spent a wonderful hour just laying on my bed savoring the feeling of the corset. I know this is where people probably expect me to make comments about discomfort or tightness, but to me the feeling is almost narcotic. The feeling of compression is one that I enjoy immensely and if the corset is made well, the tightening can be a really positive experience. I can understand now how women in the Victorian era might have gotten a little addicted to tight-lacing. There is definitely an urge to close the gap and to see how small I can make my waist. Today I can feel that it is tighter, and better…but in the pictures I see the protector is askew and I am not lacing evenly down the center, which I will strive to do better tomorrow…and of course I will post the results. I hope to be sleeping in my corset by the weekend. That will be lovely. The smell of the leather when it begins to warm from the heat of my body is so wonderful I am almost tempted to not wear perfume…and for me that is a big deal, as I LOVE perfume! In fact I am pining for a bottle of Profumum Fiore di Ambre right now, but of course the price is half a corset, so it gives me serious pause. Maybe I will stick with some nice Mitsouko. Until tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment